Monday, September 21, 2020
Home Uncategorised Washington Post issues major correction after botching Trump-Twitter post - Fox News

Washington Post issues major correction after botching Trump-Twitter post – Fox News


The Washington Post sparked massive confusion Wednesday evening after erroneously reporting that President Trump grew to become banned from tweeting due to a sing he made concerning the coronavirus.

Every Fb and Twitter had been cracking down on clips that had been shared from the president’s interview on “Fox & Guests” earlier inside the day, the impact he continued his push for schools to be reopened inside the tumble. Alternatively, the tech giants eliminated the clips of him declaring that children are “virtually immune” to the virus, citing the sing grew to become “misinformation.”

The Crew Trump promoting and advertising and marketing and advertising and marketing marketing campaign story had uploaded the video on Twitter, in a publish that the president later shared on his deepest story.

After Twitter disabled the video, the platform additional punished Crew Trump by forbidding the story from tweeting until it took down the weird publish.

Alternatively, the Post it seems to be like that bought its wires crossed in reporting what took place.

FACEBOOK REMOVES TRUMP POST OVER CORONAVIRUS MISINFORMATION RULES; TWITTER ALSO CLAMPS DOWN

“Breaking: Twitter said this may maybe well presumably maybe simply require President Trump to bewitch away a publish containing coronavirus misinformation, banning him from tweeting unless he does so,” the Post began its doc in plucky textual reveal materials. “Twitter hid the publish and said he may maybe presumably maybe now not be in a space to tweet from his story unless he deletes it, despite the truth that he can charm the resolution.”

The Post then shared a quote from a Twitter spokesperson that thought to be if it might allude to the president as a change of his promoting and advertising and marketing and advertising and marketing marketing campaign, saying the tweet grew to become “in violation of the Twitter Rules on COVID-19 misinformation. The story proprietor will seemingly be required to bewitch away the Tweet outdated to they will Tweet once more.”

A number of Washington Post journalists shared the incorrect information on Twitter, spreading the doc throughout the platform. They later deleted their tweets.

The paper in some scheme issued a correction, writing on the backside of its doc, “Twitter penalized Crew Trump, the president’s promoting and advertising and marketing and advertising and marketing marketing campaign story. An earlier model of this textual content stated that Twitter penalized President Trump’s story.”

Fb and Twitter confirmed to Fox News that they took motion towards the movies uploaded by the Trump promoting and advertising and marketing and advertising and marketing marketing campaign.

“This video incorporates flawed claims {that a} neighborhood of american citizens is immune from COVID-19 which is a violation of our insurance coverage insurance policies round contaminated COVID misinformation,” Fb spokeswoman Liz Bourgeois urged FOX News in a press unencumber.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

A Twitter spokesperson equally urged FOX News the tweet grew to become “in violation of the Twitter rules on COVID-19 misinformation” and that the Trump advertising and marketing and marketing campaign would “be required to bewitch away the Tweet outdated to they will Tweet once more.”

Trump promoting and advertising and marketing and advertising and marketing marketing campaign spokeswoman Courtney Parella urged FOX News that President Trump grew to become “stating a reality that children are a lot much less vulnerable to the coronavirus.”

“Another day, each different degree to of Silicon Valley’s flagrant bias by distinction President, the impact the ideas are glorious enforced in a single course,” she added. “Social media firms should no longer the arbiters of reality.”

Fox News’ Lucas Manfredi contributed to this memoir. 

Leave a Reply

Must Read

Rio Tinto legally blew up ancient caves, and now the chief executive has quit — here’s why – MarketWatch

Published: Sept. 11, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. ET The company in May detonated an ancient habitat at Australia’s Juukan Gorge with traces of 46,000 years of life A Rio Tinto high-grade iron ore conveyor in Western Australia. Getty Images Rio Tinto, the world’s second largest mineral and mining company, said on Friday that its chief…

People with COVID-19 ‘twice as likely’ to report eating at restaurants before showing symptoms, CDC study s… – Fox News

A new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggests that people diagnosed with COVID-19 are approximately “twice as likely” to have dined out at restaurants within the 14 days before they began to present symptoms.The report, released on Thursday, suggests that in-person dining at restaurants — “where mask use and social…

Candace Cameron Bure addresses ‘inappropriate’ PDA pic with husband after backlash from Christian fans – Fox News

Candace Cameron Bure found herself under fire from her Christian fan base after she posted a PDA picture with her husband, Valerie Bure.In the photo posted to her Instagram Story, Bure, 46, had his arm wrapped around the actress, 44, and his hand is visibly cupping one of her breasts. The Hallmark star had a…

Xbox Series X and S will support Dolby Vision HDR for gaming – Engadget

Dolby Atmos is more of a known quantity and is already available in some games. It could improve your gaming in theory, as it places each sound in three-dimensional space “so you can pinpoint its location in the game,” Dolby said. Introducing the next level of gaming.⁣⁣The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S are…

Will Smith finally buries hatchet with ‘First Aunt Viv’ Janet Hubert – New York Post

By Caroline Feraday, The Sun September 11, 2020 | 8:14am | Updated September 11, 2020 | 11:07am Will Smith charmed us all as “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” in the 1990s. And the star handed out some much-needed good news on the 30th anniversary of the show Thursday night via Instagram. The 51-year-old actor was…